The 2021 summer window in Europe’s mainstream leagues has now closed. This transfer window has seen Lionel Messi Cristiano Ronaldo both change sides and Mbappe continue to miss out on Real Madrid.
However, neither Paris, with their heavy signings, nor Manchester United, with their strong acquisitions, are the clubs that have spent the most money this summer. Topping the list of summer window spending is Arsenal, who have dropped almost £150 million.
In stark contrast, Arsenal are at the bottom of the table after three straight losses to start the season in the Premier League.
The top 10 clubs and major signings in the summer window
(The data from Transfer Market)
- Arsenal, £149m spent, main signings: Ben White £52.65m, Ødegaard £31.5m, Ramsdale £25.2m, Kenyo Tomiyasu £16.74m, Lokonga £15.75m.
- Manchester United, spending £126m, major signings: Sancho £76.5m, Varane £36m, Crosby £13.5m.
- Manchester City, £114m spent, major signings: £105m for Grealish, £9m for Kayky.
- Chelsea, £108m spent, main signings: Lukaku £103m, Saúl £4.5m (on loan).
- Leipzig, £96.86m spent, main reinforcements: Andre Silva £20.7m, Gvardiol £16.92m, Anholinho £16.2m, Moriba £14.4m, Simakan £13.5m, Henrich £13.5m.
- Villa, £95.04m spent, main signings: Buendia £34.56m, Danny Ince £31.68m, Leon Bailly £28.8m.
- Roma, spent £87.98m, main signings: Abraham £36m, Shumurudov £15.75m, Vinha £11.7m, Patricio £10.35m.
- Paris Saint-Germain, £74.7m spent, main signings: Ashraf £54m, Danilo Pereira £14.4m, Nuno Mendes £6.3m (on loan). Messi, Wijnaldum, Ramos and Donnarumma all joined as free agents.
- Rennes, £71.55m spent, main signings: Bade £15.3m, Laporte £13.5m, Sulemana £13.5m, Santamaria £12.6m.
- Crystal Palace, £66.09m spent, main signings: Marc Guehi £21m, Joachim Anderson £15.75m, Odsan Edouard £14.67m.
The 11th-20th highest spending clubs in the summer window are, in order: West Ham, AC Milan, Atalanta, Leicester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Norwich, Atletico Madrid, Leeds United, Bayern Munich and Brighton, spending between £51.3m and £65.52m.
How do you think Arsenal, who invested the most in the summer transfer window, have fared this season?
Will Arsenal make a comeback in their next game against Norwich? Try your luck at 1XBET! You could be rewarded with an unexpected bonus!
You may be interested in the following related content that we have shared：